Permeate the surreality of the modern condition in the Jacques Marie Mage Kobo; unique, oblong glasses crafted in honor of Japanese writer, artist, and inventor Kōbō Abe (安部 公房), renowned for his exceptionally odd, satirical, and often sinister explorations of individuals in the thralls of contemporary society.
LIMITED PRODUCTION BATCH OF400 PIECES
- Material: 10mm block, polished black & havana acetate frame, custom double laminated acetate temples ft. Precious metal hardware
- Hardware: DK. Gold - lens: demo lens - handcrafted in Japan
- Oblong lens shape with thick curvilinear volumes that are necessarily finished by hand suitable for larger faces
- Dark Gold custom hairline engraved wire core design
- Dark Gold tension-secured custom hinge with spur-shaped rivets
- Dark Gold domed 3D metal cameo logo
- Burgundy domed 3D metal cameo logo
- Eye: 55mm Bridge: 19mm Temple: 145mm - see size guide
- Italian-handcrafted leather case
- Custom packaging card and microfiber cleaning cloth/pocket square
- Hard-shelled, silk fabric-covered packaging
- Letterhead press certificate with limited edition serial number and craftsmen signature
Shipping & Returns
We know there’s no substitute for trying on a pair of glasses, so we have a no quibble returns policy*. If they don’t suit you, just send them back to us.
We offer free tracked shipping to the UK and Europe, £10 to the U.S. and £30 everywhere else.
Customers outside the UK are not subject to the 20% VAT included in the price.
Please note that we hold 90% of our stock for next day delivery however a small number of products may have a slightly longer wait time. See below for full shipping details.
*This excludes sale items. Sale items are non-refundable.